How To Study Effeciently
Have you ever failed a test because you didn’t study for whatever reason? Maybe you didn’t have time? Maybe your notes in inadequate or inacurate? Maybe you just don’t know how to study?
After I finish my demonstration speech, you will know what you need to takes notes and study effectively, How to take accurate and adequate notes, how to effectively study, and how to manage you time and find the best place to study.
In order to take good notes, you must have the right materials. The materials include : a textbook on the subject, loose leaf
paper, binder, folder, dividers, enough pens and pencils, a pencil sharpener, a hi-lighter, a pencil case, or color box, (you’re never too old),and an open mind.
Now that you have your materials, organize them very well, so that you know where to find things. First, open your binder, set your loose leaf paper between the dividers. Put your folder in the front so that you can put worksheets or loose papers. Next, on the side, have your pencil case filled with enough pencils and pens on hand. Keep a pencil sharpener on hand, and a hi-lighter for important notes. Now that you are situated, you are ready to take notes.
Before class starts or at home, if you know what the lecture is on, try to read the chapter before class starts. In order to take good notes, you have to listen to what your instructor says. If you go ahead, you may either study too much or not enough. Highlight what you don’t understand and ask questions if you don’t know what something means. That is why the teacher is there. Listen carefully and remain focused. Try to sit near the front of the class so you won’t be distracted by rude classmates. Attend all classes if possible. If you can’t make sure to get the notes from somebody. A teacher will not run behind you to give them to you. Put a date and a heading on all pages of your notes, to keep them organizaed. Save yourself some times by using symbols and abbrevitions. (poster) Don’t use symbols you don’t know. Copy any and everything that is placed on the blackboard. Don’t try to squeeze everything on one sheet of paper. You will not be able to understand it when you come back to study.
AFTER CLASS IS OVER
1. Read through your notes as soon as possible.
2. Compare your notes with your fellow students after the class. Clear up all misunderstandings by consulting your lecturer or other students.
3. Reorganise and rephrase your notes to fit your studying habits. Underline and highlight key information.
- Create a personal daily / weekly schedule to plan keep track of your classes, meetings etc. Do not forget to leave time for recreation, sports, friends, reading!
- Allow enough time to sleep, and eat properly.
- Prioritise your responsibilities and tasks.
- Never go to bed unprepared for tomorrow.
- Study in a quiet place without distractions.
- Try to do all your studies during the day.
- Have 10 to 15-minute breaks in between your studies.
- Have a 'To do' list with details on what you need to do and when. Be realistic to yourself: figure out if you can do it.
THE BEST PLACE AND TIME
1. As soon as you get home, don’t watch Rap City, take yourself a nice hot bath, eat, and take a short nap.
2. When you awake, get your booksack, and find yourself a quiet place where there are no distractions. Most people believe a library is a good place. It’s not really. They have too much going on: people opening and closing books, computer keys being hit, people talking. etc.
3. Go somewhere where you know you will have few distractions, if any.
4. The best time to study is after you are all rested up and is relaxed. You cannot pay attention on an empty stomach. Some people can. I know I can’t.
5. Once you have did this, you are ready to sit down and study.
HOW TO STUDY EFFECTIVELY
1. Always read with a purpose
- Before you begin reading a
book, ask yourself why you are reading it and what you want to learn from it.
- After finishing reading, ask yourself what you have learnt and whether your purposes have been answered.
2. If you followed the first few steps on organizing, finding a good place and time, how to take good notes, you shouldn’t have any problems studying.
Please do not pass this sample essay as your own, otherwise you will be accused of plagiarism. Our writers can write any custom essay for you!
English – The Moon Is Down Effective learning depends upon good study habits. Efficient study skills do not simply occur; they must first be learned and then applied consistently. Good study strategies include a preset time for study, a desirable place to study, and a well-designed study plan. A Time to study All of us think we have more things to Teaching Methods When comparing and contrasting the hands on method to the lecture method many people prefer the hands on method. This allows the students to further understand what the teachers are trying to teach. By using this method a majority of the students will learn more, and learn at a quicker pace.
There are many good qualities Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? High schools should allow students to study the courses that students want to study
The question whether high school should allow students to study the courses that students want to study is the one that is open for debate. Some people believe that students in high school should have the right to study the courses they like. However, other people disagree and stand that teenagers can not totally New education and class size essay The most important group that a large class size can affect is the students. Youth is the way of the future. Everyone wants to try and succeed in life and become all they can be, but sometimes objects can get in the way. I know that sometimes I cannot work properly in an environment where A Method to Memory The other night I was sitting at home in my room watching the Rockets game, and my phone begins to ring. I answer «Hello», and I hear this frantic voice that I recognize as my friend Mandy's. Mandy is a nervous wreck, she has a big bio-chem test in the morning and can't seem to