Comparing Hollywood and Bollywood
Film industry is the world of dreams. It is a multi billion industry. You can create what you can't create in real life. It's the world of fantasy and creation. There are many kinds of films that are being released nowadays. Hollywood is the American film industry. Next to Hollywood is Bollywood, which is Indian film industry. In Bollywood films are made in Hindi.
Hollywood and Bollywood are the two main locations where commercial and art films are made. Bollywood produces nearly 98 percent commercial films and the remaining 2 percent makes up the art films. Hollywood however makes approximately 80 percent commercial films and 20 percent art films.
Commercial and Art cinema are
two kinds of films. Commercial films are in turn divided into many types. In commercial cinema there will be a hero, heroin and a villain, whereas in art films we will find only common characters, which are close to nature and real.
Art films are generally made with a low budget, while commercial films are generally made with a high budget. Art films are somewhat close to nature like daily life, for example «1947 EARTH», which is an Indian film and it is an art film. In this movie there are big stars like Amir khan and Rahul khanna but they are not the heroes of the film and there are no heroes in that movie. It is the story of the partition of Bharth after independence. And the movie runs only according to the subject and human emotions.
Commercial films are generally made for making money. Commercial films are thrillers, horror, comedy or action. Seldom, do we find Hollywood commercial films without sex and vulgarity. Without any reason, some of the filmmakers are keeping sex in the movie just for making money. But there are some directors who make clean films without vulgarity. For instance, Steven Spielberg is one who makes clean movies like Jurassic park, Amistad, Saving private Ryan etc, in which he concentrates only on the subject of the movie; he never diverts the story by keeping sex and vulgar language. An example of a commercial film is «Final destination», which is suspense thriller .An example of complete action film is «Die hard», and for comedy is «The Mask».
In Bollywood a typical commercial film means the film with songs, action, comedy and romance. In other words, a Hindi movie is called «masala» which means a «mixture». In Bollywood sex is not shown in the movies since the culture will not allow. There are strict rules by the censor board for removing sexual content and vulgar language. Whereas in Hollywood, the censor board just rates the film as an adult or a children movie, but nobody follows it.
Commercial movie lovers say art films are boring and slow. Art films have subjects related to human emotions and are made in a poetic vision. Generally art films never make as much money as commercial movies do, but art movies get more awards than commercial ones when compared to their percent of production. Thus, these are the features of Hollywood and Bollywood art and commercial cinema.
Please do not pass this sample essay as your own, otherwise you will be accused of plagiarism. Our writers can write any custom essay for you!
At the Cinema I like to go to the cinema. When I have free time I always go to see some new film. When I want to go to the cinema I usually look in the program what films are on. Then I phone my friends and we discuss what films to see. We prefer feature films but At the Cinema I like to go to the cinema. When I have free time I always go to see some new film. When I want to go to the cinema I usually look in the program what films are on. Then I phone my friends and we discuss what films to see. We prefer feature films but The cinema in Russia today Cinema is one of the most important means of entertainment and propaganda. It is an ideological instrument of the political party at power in a country. Cinema is a mirror reflection of the county rulers and their policy.
If you want to go to the cinema in Russia today you will have to face two problems. The cinema in Russia today Cinema is one of the most important means of entertainment and propaganda. It is an ideological instrument of the political party at power in a country. Cinema is a mirror reflection of the county rulers and their policy.
If you want to go to the cinema in Russia today you will have to face two problems. Differences Between the First King Kong and the Second King King Kong, a story worth making 2 movies about, the suspense/thriller was state of the art when it first came out in 1933, and was brought back to life through current state of the art technology in 2005. This grand ensemble of action packed storytelling in both films can have the same theme and yet
Need Book Reports, essays, lectures? Save to bookmarks - » Comparing Hollywood and Bollywood. Collections of essays on literature!